In 1988, four parishes – St. Thomas’, Flinders Park (est. 1927), St. Oswald’s, Seaton (est. 1928), St. Colomba’s, Findon (est. 1951) and St. Athanasius’, Kidman Park (est. 1955) – combined into a single parish centred at Kidman Park.
Three properties were sold, a new church (The Church of the Resurrection) was built on the site of St. Athanasius, the original rectory was converted into a Parish Centre/Office and a new rectory was purchased nearby. The Church, Parish Centre, Office and an Op Shop are situated on Grange Road, Kidman Park. The complex is three kilometres from the beach and 20 minutes by car to the city centre.
St. James’ church is located in Falcon Avenue, Mile End, adjacent to Henley Beach Road. It is approximately three kilometres from the city centre and seven kilometres from the beach. The church had its beginnings in 1882, with a Day School being established in 1898. This ran until 1968 with a peak attendance of 120 students. The Day School building (built in 1915) was purchased by the adjacent office furniture company who now use it as part of their showroom.
For many years the original rectory (a short distance south of the church in Falcon Avenue) was utilised. In 1991 a new rectory was built adjacent to the church and the local Council purchased the old rectory for use as a neighbourhood house. The adjoining parish of St. Alban’s, Richmond closed in 1991, some members of that congregation joining St. James.
In 2009 Kidman Park and Mile End joined together to become a single parish.